Virtual payment card (SmartCash) is a prepaid card into which customers must deposit before using to pay for goods and services or withdraw cash. Customers can only perform transactions within deposited amount. To open Smartcash card, customers do not need VPBank accounts.
Shopping: Payment of goods and services at online merchants.
Cash withdrawal (only applicable to Named Card): Customers can transfer money to their VPBank account and withdraw cash at ATM or business units of the Bank. This function will be implemented in the near future.
Money transfer within Smartcash card system (only applicable to Named Card, except for other permission by the State Bank of Vietnam):
- A registered account on the website Smartcash.vpb.com.vn can open up to 5 Unnamed cards. Customers can transfer money between cards belonging to their own account.
- Money transfer between Smartcash Card accounts: Customers can transfer money from their account to others within VPBank Smartcash card system.
- Money transfer to individuals without cards: Smartcash cardholders can also transfer money to individuals without cards by accessing the function Cash transfer on the card website and input the recipient's phone number and the amount. The beneficiary will receive a notification message and access to the website to open Smartcash cards to receive money as instructed.
4. See Special Offers for Cardholders Here.
5. For more details/Opening Cards Here.
- On Vietnam territory, all card transactions must be performed in Vietnamese dong or converted into Vietnamese dong.
- Outside Vietnam territory, international card transactions are performed in Vietnamese dong, free-to-convert foreign currencies and other currencies accepted by Card payment organizations as payment currency in current transactions pursuant to legal regulations on foreign exchange management.
VPBank is obliged to manage card limit with cards issued by VPBank pursuant to current legal regulations on foreign exchange management.